Wednesday, December 2, 2009


Tried to post this on FaceBook, but I couldn't make it work.

I know the war is terrible and I know some really crumby things have happened this year and I know that it is cold and the inversion sucks and I know that the recession has made all of us broke and I know that the government is stealing us blind and I know that many of have a head ache or a back ache or a leg ache; BUT what I really know is that life is good, I have a wonderful man who loves me, a mother who loves me (most of the time), children and grandchildren who love me (I hope). I have good friends, good neighbors, a good job, a nice house and plenty of food on the table. I know that I have had a blast getting ready for Christmas, laughing at K.C at WiseGuys, teaching a bunch of crazy 11th graders. I love that the sun comes up in the morning and the stars and moon shine at night. (And I'm really glad to get rid of that stupid camel blog.) I guess I don't get Facebook. It seems that no one is happy. Smile, it could be worse, the world could be out of chocolate.

1 comment:

  1. You are very right mom. I have noticed myself becoming more negative when things out of my control go differently than I would like them to go. It is always good to have a positive outlook on things. For the most part lately I've been making a concerted effort to be happy. Even when I'm really stressed, for the most part, I'm able to control my mood, and not only does it benefit myself but everyone around me.

    It's hard for Andrea to get super down if I'm always in a good mood. People at work have a harder time being negative when I am never negative. So there is a lot to be said about being grateful for the small things, big things, and anything in between. Lives are filled with small victories.

    I am thankful for a family who cares about me, no matter how many times they've cursed me. And even though I'm on the heavy side of 20 they're still supporting me. I'm thankful for a job, it doesn't pay a lot, monetarily speaking, but the lessons I learn from the kids I work with are priceless. I've seen immaturity and jealousy tear families apart. I've seen families destroyed because of one's selfish actions. I've seen lives completely ruined because the individual that's supposed to be the responsible one, the protector, and the jungle gym do exactly the opposite. But these kids still have the capacity to love, hope, laugh, and keep living.

    I'm also thankful for work because I have a chance to make a difference in the same kids lives who are making such an imprint on mine.

    I'm thankful for my health, my sense of humor (which I got from my family), and a girl who puts up with me and laughs with me at the same time.

    Now if only I could save the world.

    ReplyDelete